Thursday 11 September 2008

One final effort...

Well, as the end of the racing season is looming, i'm putting in one final big effort for my last couple of races. I have to admit, all the racing and training is starting to catch up with me and my body is starting to scream for a rest period. It was a bit of a struggle getting back on the bike this week after taking time out for my cousins wedding, but I now have some fresh motivation after some steady miles to get the legs turning. Cycling is strange like that. After rest, I always need a nice steady, low intensity run to bring the "legs back" if you like.

Anyhow, i'm not going to let the body into hybernation mode just yet :-D I have two planned races up ahead - the last round of the Scottish XC MTB series at Glentress, and the week after, a 130mile road sportif to wind down for the season - this starts and finishes in Ullapool, just across the pond for me! After this, i'll likely take a few weeks off, park the bikes up and just relax. I'll only ride if I feel like it. Nice to get training routines out of your head for one point in the year. I also like to do a bit of running/gym in the off-season so that will definately be on the cards. Keep posted for updates on my closing races.

Over and out.

No comments: